STATUS: 8 August 2023
In light of our experience with EMS2022 and the feedback from participants and convenors, we continue to run the EMS2023 as a hybrid event, to provide opportunities onsite in Bratislava as well as online. For detailed information and guidelines for convenors, session chairing, oral and poster presenters, opportunities for early career scientists, and side meeting organizers visit the information pages.
- Oral sessions will be run in a fully hybrid format using zoom for all oral presentations, both onsite and online; a stream for simply watching the sessions will also be available.
- Oral presentations follow the standard format (12 min + 3 min Q&A), while strictly selected solicited talks (one per session) are longer (25 min + 5 min).
- All oral presentations (onsite and online) need to be uploaded to the conference platform as presentation file at least 24 hours in advance of the start of the session. Note that no upload onto the laptop in the lecture room will be allowed. Upload starts 8 August 2023.
- Poster sessions will be run onsite only.
- Onsite poster presentations: Poster presentations are assigned to boards in the poster area onsite. Poster display times and poster-in-attendance times (poster sessions) are scheduled for each session. Poster display times cover two days for each poster; in addition, we offer to make the digital version of posters accessible on a E–poster station in the poster area during the entire duration of the conference. Authors are asked to be available for questions and discussions at their poster during the specifically scheduled poster sessions, on Tuesday and Thursday between 16:00 and 17:15, respectively.
- Poster pitches: Independent of possible poster pitch times scheduled in some of the oral session, all poster authors are invited to upload pre-recorded pitches to the conference page or provide an external link to the video before the conference.
Online platform and access
- Presentation file and supporting material: In addition to the presentation file, additional supporting material can be pre-uploaded; the conference platform also offers the opportunity to get in contact with the authors via the commenting tool, during a two-month period from early August. Upload and the commenting tool will open 8 August 2023 and remain open until 8 October 2023.
- Presentation files of oral presentations will be accessible to registered conference participants on the day of the scheduled presentation for the entire day. Presentation files of poster presentations will be accessible during the entire poster display time, i.e. either Monday & Tuesday, or from Wednesday morning to Friday lunch time.
- A presentation file (i.e. slides for a talk or a poster) can be in *.pdf, *.ppt/pptx, *.pps/ppsx, *.png, *.jpg, or *.mp4 format. The size of presentation files is limited to 50 MB per abstract for *.pdf, *.ppt/pptx, *.pps/ppsx, *.png, and *.jpg files, and to 200 MB for *.mp4 video files.
- Supporting material can also be in *.pdf, *.ppt/pptx, *.pps/ppsx, *.png, *.jpg, or *.mp4 format; alternatively, a *.html link can be given to files hosted on the author's own infrastructure. If *.mp4 files are uploaded, these will be submitted to the EMS2023 Vimeo channel accessible for registered attendees.
- The platform zoom will be used for all oral presentations, both onsite and online. In addition, the oral sessions can be followed through a stream. On the live programme page, two buttons will appear to choose between zoom or the stream. Note that the streaming platform will not offer any possibility to interact with online or onsite participants. Anyone presenting online needs to use zoom.
- Online access to uploaded material, the stream and zoom will be allowed only to attendees with a valid registration for the EMS2023.
New this year is the start of the parallel sessions on Monday morning and the Welcome addresses & strategic lectures moving to the afternoon.
The parallel session programme from Monday(!) to Thursday will run from 09:00 (CEST) to 17:15 (CEST) every day, followed by plenary sessions, such as the strategic talks on Monday and keynote presentations related to one of the Programme Streams on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday. Two Poster sessions are scheduled, Tuesday and Thursday, preceding the keynote presentations on these days. The programme on Friday will finish by lunchtime.
Outstanding poster award
An outstanding poster award contest (OPA) will be held again. Poster authors will have to register for participation in the competition until 15 August, and upload their poster until 31 August 2023.
In addition to the selection by the OPA selection committee, a public voting on the posters by all conference participants is planned. For details see https://www.ems2023.eu/information_for/presenters/outstanding_poster_award.html
For the EMS2022 winning poster see: https://www.emetsoc.org/2022-poster-award-impact-based-warning-information-for-ice-throw-risk/