Thank you for your interest in the EMS Annual Meeting 2023. Please follow the guidelines on this page for submission of your abstract. The abstract submission deadline is 18 April 2023, 13:00 CEST. Please note that an abstract processing fee (APF) of €40 gross per abstract is levied. All abstracts published in the EMS programme will receive a Digital Object Identifier (DOI). After the conference, authors of EMS2023 abstracts will be given the opportunity to submit a contribution to the Open Access Journal Advances in Science and Research.
Please note the information on the preliminary format of the EMS2023 sessions.
Abstract rules and recommendations
- Note that the selection of extended presentations by the convenors will be based on the scientific as well as the communication value of your work and your abstract. Communicating your work clearly in the abstract will support the convenors in their selection.
- The abstract body should be between 250 and 450 words, clear, concise, and written in English with correct spelling and good sentence structure.
- Mathematical symbols and equations can be typed in or embedded as image.
- Figures and tables should not be included.
- Abstracts should be carefully compiled and thoroughly checked, in particular with regard to the list of authors, before submission in order to avoid last-minute changes.
Abstract submission steps
- Use a text editor of your choice to compile your abstract: title, author(s), affiliation(s) of author(s), and abstract text. Your abstract body should have 250–450 words.
- Browse through the session programme and select the session of your interest.
- Use the abstract submission link below the respective session. Please keep in mind that submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates will be rejected.
- You will be asked to log in to the Copernicus Office Meeting Organizer. Use your account data or create a new account.
- Authors who wish to apply for support need to submit an abstract and can apply for support during the abstract submission. Within the abstract submission tool, please tick the support scheme you want to apply for.
- Fill in the submittal information about title, author(s), and affiliation(s) of author(s).
- ORCID numbers will be linked to authors that have their ORCID included in the personal data section of their Copernicus account.
- For your abstract body, the submission form provides an HTML editor.
- Indicate your preference for an oral presentation (onsite or online) or a poster presentation (onsite only) and whether you plan to present your abstract onsite or online. Please note that a we plan for an onsite-only poster session. You can find more details on the format of the EMS2023 sessions page.
- Accept the licence & copyright agreement as well as the rules of conduct and proceed to the abstract preview.
- If the conversion of your abstract fails, please specify your problems and we will then take care of them.
- Optional: Indicate which Sustainable Development Goal(s) you see primarily related to your abstract and work (EMS2021 information on SDGs).
- In all cases, please indicate your invoice details for the APF (see below).
- Submit your abstract. A confirmation message including your abstract number will be displayed and you will receive a confirmation email providing your abstract number. Should you not receive the abstract submission confirmation email within 24 hours, please check your spam folder first and then contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case any questions arise, please do not hesitate to contact us at: email@example.com
- The submission of an abstract carries with it the obligation that it is actually presented at the meeting by the author or, at least, by one of the co-authors. If this is not possible, please withdraw your abstract as early as possible. Without early withdrawal, abstracts not presented at the conference are identified as no-shows. Such contributions will be withdrawn after the conference. The corresponding HTML/PDF abstract will no longer be available.
- By submitting an abstract, authors accept the licence & copyright agreement and the EMS Annual Meeting rules of conduct.
- Submission of the same abstract to more than one session is not allowed. Duplicates identified by the Programme and Science Committee will be rejected.
- The content of EMS Annual Meeting 2023 abstracts is the responsibility of their authors. EMS reserves the right to reject abstracts that are not written in English, are out of the scope of the EMS Annual Meeting, do not meet basic standards of scientific quality, or do not adhere to conventional standards of civil discourse and common decency.
- The official language of the EMS Annual Meeting is English. Simultaneous interpretation is not provided. It is therefore expected that authors are able to present their research more or less fluently in the English language.
Abstract processing fees (APFs)
- An APF of €40 gross must be paid for each abstract submission.
- APFs can only be paid by credit card or PayPal. You will be asked to provide your invoice details since a proper invoices and payment receipt will be sent by email. Please note that most probably, this invoice is meant to be an institutional invoice addressed to your institute rather than to you personally. The submission form therefore has institutional invoice as default but this could be changed to personal invoice, if applicable. If your institution is based in an EU country, you are requested to provide a VAT identification number. This VAT ID can normally be found in the imprint of your institution's website. Please carefully check your provided invoice address to avoid later changes.
- Abstracts are only processed and available for session organization by conveners after the payment is completed. Please note that this is a processing fee and not a publishing fee.
- APFs are not refundable in case of an abstract withdrawal, rejection, or double submission. The fees collected cover the cost to process the abstracts, whether or not one attends the meeting.
- The APF does not register you for the EMS Annual Meeting 2023. Separate registration fees apply.
- Solicited speakers do not receive discounted APFs or registration fees.